Elden Ring is one of the most anticipated games in recent memory. The craze of this game is easily seen in the feedback given by fans all around the world. This multiplayer action RPG game is about the exploits of a set of heroes in a land that no longer has gods. The game is enormous and offers plenty to do.
However, after playing the game for quite some time, some people have issues connecting to the Elden Ringworld. This error pops up most often when activating the game and can make it impossible to play with friends or even leave their world. Elden ring developers have acknowledged this issue, but there hasn’t been any word on a fix just yet.
Recently, players have discovered they could get in by setting their system clock back one day before launching Elden Ring.
Elden Ring’s “A Connection Error Occurred – Returning to your world” error message can appear when you are called into a friend’s world. You will be returned to your planet if this mistake happens, preventing you from playing with your friend.
One of the most common errors that Elden Ring players encounter is a “constant connection error.” Although this may sound complicated at first, it’s not too tricky to fix — providing you know the steps and where to find them online! If you’re struggling with this “constant connection error,” head to the post.
Some common problems which Lead to Connection Error
When playing this game, many problems come up, one such problem being a constant connection error.
- Unstable Internet Connection: Verify your Internet connection. Ensure all cables are correctly connected to the wireless router and computer. You may have lost members from your party because of an unstable Internet connection. To solve this issue, reconnect to the internet, exit the game, and rejoin a different server or friends list. If this fails again, try restarting your computer or router before rejoining a different server or friends list.
- Server Problem: Verify you’re not connected to a server on which the game is undergoing maintenance. If your server is up and running, then you should look into re-launching the game and rejoin a different server or friends list. This will resolve the issue.
- Lag: Whenever you lag in your game, it’s time to change your server or re-launch the game itself. Large amounts of lag can be caused by high internet traffic within your area, so switching to a different server or closing down all unnecessary applications can fix this issue. A faulty network can also cause this issue, so changing your server or re-launch the game is essential.
- Incorrect Date: If your computer’s time and date are incorrect, it can cause this issue to appear. Therefore, we advise setting the correct time and date on your computer to resolve the issue. This will occur due to your computer’s clock being incorrect.
- DNS Server Error: DNS servers can often cause issues when playing online games. Changing your DNS servers to an alternative has been found to help with many different online gameplay errors, so we advise you to do this as soon as possible! DNS servers are used to resolve network IP addresses on the internet.
- Anti-Virus Software Or Firewall: If you are running any anti-virus software and a firewall, we advise you to disable them and try playing your game again. Both anti-virus software and firewalls can sometimes cause online errors like these, so it’s essential to try disabling them to see if that fixes the issue. Note that some anti-virus software, such as Avast anti-virus, has been known to interfere with online games, so we advise using an alternative application if possible.
- In-Game Voice Chat: The in-game voice feature causes several problems. If you’re using the in-game voice feature, we advise disabling it and trying to play your game again. Voice chat is often disabled in online games because of problems or to prevent cheating, but there have been some high-profile cases where it has been allowed, and it causes a lot of issues. You can try re-enabling your voice chat and see if this helps.
- FPS or frame rate issues: If you’re experiencing issues with your frame rate, these are usually caused by an unstable internet connection or your computer’s graphics card. Ensure you have the latest card driver and your Internet connection is stable.
- Hardware Issues: It can sometimes be caused by faulty hardware, such as a defective mouse or GPU, so check if this affects normal gameplay before returning the product!
Try these fixes to solve the Elden Ring Connection Error When Summoned.
Unfortunately, many players are experiencing the game constantly crashing on their computers. Here’s how you can fix it!
1) Check your Internet Connection: Ensure your Internet connection is stable. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your hardware, then disconnect and reconnect all hardware, such as wireless routers and network cables. Reconnect to the Internet. If you continue to face this problem, disable your antivirus or firewall software and try again. You might want to restart your modem too. You can reset your network settings by following the steps here:
a) Use Windows key+R, enter cmd into the box and click enter
flushdns To restore the default DNS settings.
c) Use the below given commands to reset your network settings
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
netsh int ip reset C:\resetlog.txt
netsh winsock reset
Note: Only use step c to reset your network stack if step two doesn’t work.
2) Make sure that you are on the same server: Make sure that you are on the same server with your friends when joining their world. You can only enter worlds containing people from your friend list and anyone who has recently entered it through invitation, so make sure everyone is on the same server before launching the game. This will help eliminate the connection error. You can also try restarting your computer, rejoining the game, and seeing if this helps.
3) Make sure you are on the same server as your friend: If you’re playing with friends, make sure you are on the same server (even if it means changing to a different one) to avoid getting this error. If one person is not on the same server, there will be an error when summoning them into your world; if everyone is on the same server, there won’t be any problem! This can help resolve the Elden Ring connection error issue when summoned.
4) Try Using an Ethernet Cable: If you are playing on an Ethernet cable, you have to ensure that your internet connection is stable. You may also need to switch to a different network adapter for better connectivity. Try the steps mentioned in the above sections, and then try resetting your router if it still doesn’t work. If all else fails, try using a wired connection instead of a wireless one to see if it works.
5) Run the Game As Administrator: Right-click on the Elden Ring shortcut and select “Run as Administrator.” This will enable more options within the game. This may fix the Elden Ring connection error when summoned, and the issue can be resolved without interruption in gameplay!
6) Don’t use in-game voice chat: Turn off the in-game voice chat feature to see if that fixes the problem. Voice chat is often disabled in online games because of issues or to prevent cheating, but there have been some high-profile cases where it has been allowed, and it causes a lot of problems. You can try re-enabling your voice chat and see if this helps.
7) Change your DNS Setting: Sometimes, many people get connection errors when playing Elden Ring and other games. When this happens, you can try changing your DNS to one that isn’t so far away. For instance, Google DNS servers are a good option for most ISPs and should fix this issue in almost all the game server connectivity problems. Follow these steps to change the settings
a) Click on Network & Internet in the Windows settings by pressing the Windows key + I
b) After that, select change adaptor options in the settings
c) When your active network (LAN or WiFi) is selected, choose Properties from the menu by clicking right on your mouse.
d) In the list, select Internet Protocol Version 4, then click Properties.
d) Select the radio selection that says “Use the following DNS server addresses” and enter 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 for the recommended and backup DNS addresses, respectively.
e) Reset Your Router: Some routers can be problematic, especially if they are past their warranty period. To reset your network settings and try to resolve the issue, you’ll need to log in to the router’s settings menu. Sometimes, you might have to take your router out of its box and perform a factory reset.
9) Try Using Another Ethernet Cable: If using an Ethernet cable, ensure that your Ethernet cable is working correctly, as this can also cause this error. Make sure it’s plugged into both the computer and the Ethernet port on your router or modem/Internet Service Provider (ISP). Sometimes this can cause issues, so try a different cable if possible.
10) Use VPN: This can help resolve connection issues related to the Elden Ring Connection Error When Summoning a PC if you have a VPN enabled on your computer. This is because games in online multiplayer often need to connect to the game server first before joining an existing game, and if there’s no internet connection, the game will not be able to do so. A VPN will be able to bypass this process for the game and allow you to enter the world immediately. This is a beneficial option, especially when playing online multiplayer games with friends or experiencing difficulty connecting with your friends’ world.
11) Check Your Drivers: Whenever you update drivers, it can significantly affect your computer’s performance and ability to connect to the internet. Try updating your drivers if they’re current. If you have a different brand of router or modem, try using that instead. Another primary reason you might get this error is that you have outdated drivers installed on your computer or a system that doesn’t support the game properly. Try updating your drivers, as this will resolve the issue.
To put your drivers in position, follow these instructions.
devmgmt.msc by pressing Windows key + R, then hit Enter.
2. Click on network adaptors and then hover to the following menu, and click on update drivers.
3. When you choose Search automatically for drivers, Windows will look for and apply any new updates.
After that, restart your computer and try playing your game to see whether the problem has been fixed.
Elden Ring is an action role-playing game set in a fantasy world from a third-person perspective. The game features a vast, explorable world for players to adventure through. Elden Ring is unique as it combines melee and ranged weapons in combat, with some guns offering magic attacks to further its diversity.
That concludes our guide on how to fix Elden Ring connection error when summoned. We hope this guide has helped you solve your issue and if you have any questions, feel free to ask us in the comments below. Also, let us know if this solution worked for you. Happy Gaming!