Today, the IT world is growing so fast, and cyberattacks are also increasing very fast. So we use antivirus for our security.
Sometimes we have to remove the antivirus for some reason, and we cannot remove it, so today, we will know how to uninstall avast antivirus using a command prompt?
So, we will discuss how to uninstall Avast antivirus using a command prompt or cmd. We can uninstall Avast antivirus from windows in two ways: uninstalling/disabling Avast antivirus is explained in this post.
- Uninstall Avast Antivirus Using Command Prompt
- Uninstall Avast antivirus windows 10
What is Avast Antivirus?
Avast Free Antivirus is an efficient and advanced antivirus program. It is one of the most popular antivirus programs available, which is great for a reliable and trustworthy brand created by Avast.
Key features that continue to build Avast Free Antivirus are the easy UI, optimized scanning options, and a regularly updated database of virus definitions.
It is a free antivirus program that tops its rivals with the level of security it provides to its users. Apart from malware prevention and excellent security detection, it gives a security scanner for the network, browser security, a password manager, and more.
This is an excellent collection of security features in a single and free antivirus. Therefore, one of the best free antivirus software is Avast antivirus.
The latest version of the world’s most trusted security is ready, and it is entirely free. Avast Free Antivirus protects more than 220 million personal computers, businesses, and mobile devices worldwide. It uses multiple layers of protection to keep you safe from new, never-before-seen threats.
So, as I said, there are two ways to uninstall Avast antivirus.
Uninstall Avast antivirus using Command Prompt:
Using the command prompt, you can uninstall every application in your computer/laptop. Follow the given steps to uninstall Avast antivirus using command prompt.
- Open Command Prompt in your computer, command prompt will be available in all computers.
- Now type “wmic” and press “Enter.”
- Now type “product get name” and press the “Enter” key.
- Now a list of all the installed applications will come on the screen.
- To uninstall Avast Antivirus type product where name=” Avast Free Antivirus” call uninstall and press “Enter.”
- Now Click “Y” and press the “Enter” key.
- Your Avast Antivirus is uninstalled successfully.
Uninstall Avast antivirus windows 10
If your Avast antivirus is still not uninstalled after following the command prompt process. So, don’t worry, your query will solve here.
- On your Laptop/Computer find the Avast Antivirus application.
- Now Press the Left Click pointing on it through your mouse.
- Here a dropdown list will open with an option of uninstall
- Then click on Uninstall.
- Now, the Avast Antivirus dashboard will open with the uninstall option.
- Click on the “Uninstall” button.
- Click on the “YES” Button.
In this way, Avast Antivirus gets uninstalled from all the series of Windows.
Also read, Best Gaming Software For PC
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does Avast Antivirus is a legit software?
Avast Free Antivirus is a legit software with no harm detected with the customers till date; It offers seven layers of protection to its users with a good ad pleasant dashboard offering all the services.
What Does Avast Antivirus Do?
Avast Antivirus is a leading antivirus provider that offers free security to devices, and It is the best Antivirus software for those who can’t afford paid antivirus software. It provides features like web security, parental control, spam scan, antivirus scan, and much more.
Conclusion:- I hope your query is solved here in the article and discussed how to uninstall Avast antivirus using command prompt and second way is to uninstall Avast antivirus in window 10.